A friend always asks me, "So...what's for dinner?". I love to cook and bake, make good meals for my family and I have a secret obsession with cookbooks. Here are some of my favorite recipes and foods that I love...enjoy!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Ever since I can remember I have always loved Chicken Pot Pie, only because my grandmother, who was a GREAT cook, would make it. It was yummy! In my adult years I have never made it until my sister gave me this recipe and now I make it all the time! It's super easy and I usually have all the ingredients, except for the pie crust, which is pre-made from the store!

Chicken Pot Pie

2 c. cooked diced chicken
1 c. diced carrots
1 c. peas or celery (or a little of both if you prefer)
1 c. diced potatoes
1/4 c. diced onions
3 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. corn starch

Cook the chicken accordingly. Put the 3 cups of chicken broth in a pan to start boiling. Dice up the vegetables and place in chicken broth and boil until mostly done. Line bottom half of pie pan with pie crust. Strain veggies and place in the pie dish. Put hot chicken broth aside. Mix corn starch with a bid of cold water at first (so it won't lump up) and then add the chicken broth. (I kind of eye this, I don't use all the chicken broth). Pour chicken broth mixture over the veggies and cover with remaining pie crust. Place in a 425 degree oven and cook for 30 min.

1 comment: